This statewide conference brings together educators, administrators, and financial education experts in order to strengthen knowledge and raise awareness of the importance of lifelong financial wellness. Featuring a variety of free financial education resources for K-12 and college-age students, the conference will feature workshops presented by classroom teachers and financial literacy experts. Substitute teacher reimbursement and conference fee waivers are available to all classroom teachers who are in need of financial support. Attendees will earn six (6) contact hours.
THANK YOU to everyone who made the 9th Annual Fostering Financial Education in Maine Schools Conference a success!
Previous Conference Materials:
2018 Conference Materials
Presentations & Resources:
- Welcome/General Session: NGPF Scavenger Hunt
- Engaging Lessons & Projects for Teaching Personal Finance
- Integration of Financial Literacy Through Interactive Learning (coming soon)
- Personal Finance and Economics: A Love Story Your Students Will Remember
- Yes Virginia, There Are Personal Finance and Economics Standards in Maine!
- Creating or Expanding a Personal Finance Course – Where to Begin?
- Inspiring Youth Entrepreneurs
- Women in Transition: Invest in Yourself
- CFPB Youth Financial Capability Resources for Pre-K through Grade 5
- Career Planning: What Are We Telling Our Students? Do We Heed Our Own Advice?
- The Unconscious Bias Blind Spot in Financial Education Lesson Planning
- Building Maine’s Future Workforce
2017 Conference Materials
Presentations & Resources:
- The Art of Connection: Using Storytelling and Comedy to Teach Youth About Money
- Strengthening Youth Financial Capability
- Educating Your Students on the Power and Danger of Credit Cards
- Car Buying 101: Helping Your Students Before They Head to the Dealership
- Beyond the Google Search: Find Free and Engaging Resources Through Next Gen Personal Finance
- Sandwich Generation: Caught in the Middle
- Everfi Maine Financial Scholars Program
- Practice What You Preach: Grading Your Own Financial Wellness
- Resources to Bridge the Gap Between College Costs and Financial Aid
- Maine LifeSmarts Program
- Top 10 Financial Literacy Tools for Your Classroom
2016 Conference Materials
- Bring Your Classroom to Life With the SIFMA Stock Market Game
- Claim Your Future Game
- Investing is on You: Investing 101 for Educators
- Teacher Panel: Best Practices in Financial Education – Amanda Peterson, United Technologies Center
- Teacher Panel: Best Practices in Financial Education – Ami Amero, Forest Hills High School
- Three Laws of Money That Will Help Your Students Start Strong
- The Truth About Student Loan Debt
- SALT Financial Literacy Program for High School Students and Beyond
- How to Help Students Get on the Road to Using Credit Wisely
2015 Conference Materials
- What’s The Deal With Personal Finance in Maine Schools?
- Jim Ford, Oak Hill Highschool, Financial Education Best Practices: What Works in the Classroom
- SALT Financial Literacy for Maine High School Students and Beyond and SALT Handout
- Picture Perfect Finances, A Budget You Can Keep, Writing Prompt Handout (Positive), Writing Prompt Handout (Negative)
2014 Conference Materials
- Keynote – Top 11 Personal Finance Concepts for Kids
- Teaching Strategies Networking Activity
- From Ponzi to Madoff – How to Teach Students About Fraud and Scams
- Getting Out of Your Own Way – Psychological Barriers t Sound Financial Management
- Give Me a Little Credit
- Maine Credit Union League Financial Fitness Fair
- The Basics of Investing – Financial Education for Educators
- The Best of the Web – Online Resources for Teaching Personal Finance
THANK YOU TO OUR CONFERENCE SPONSORS!