This statewide conference brings together educators, administrators, and financial education experts in order to strengthen knowledge and raise awareness of the importance of lifelong financial wellness. Featuring a variety of free financial education resources for K-12 and college-age students, the conference will feature workshops presented by classroom teachers and financial literacy experts. Substitute teacher reimbursement and conference fee waivers are available to all classroom teachers who are in need of financial support.
Registration is now open for the 15th Annual Fostering Financial Education in Maine Schools Conference! This FREE event is Maine’s premiere financial education training for K-12 educators, counselors, and those who support and champion financial wellness. The training will feature extensive resources and best practices, as well as our first-ever unconference, which will be designed by you at the event. Check out the tentative agenda.
Date and time: Friday, May 17, 2024 from 7:30 AM – 3:45 PM
Location: Augusta Civic Center, 76 Community Drive, Augusta, ME 04330
- Tim Ranzetta, Next Gen Personal Finance
- Sessions featuring personal finance teachers and experts from Maine
- Networking and peer collaboration
- Substitute teacher reimbursement
- Exhibitor resources and prizes
Questions or Interested in Exhibiting? Please contact our conference coordinator, Sammi Drost at firstname.lastname@example.org. An exhibitor registration form will be distributed in the coming weeks.
2023 Conference Materials
- 2023 Conference Agenda
- Speed Dating Materials
- Trish Brigham – This Way to CPA
- Steve Withers – Budgeting Empathy Map
- Logan Landry – 7th Grade Resources
- Melissa Denbow – FDIC’s Electronic Deposit Insurance Estimator
- Nikki Vachon – Student Loans
- If you have a federal student loan and are working for a non-profit/gov’t agency, fill out the PSLF tool to get your payments counted TODAY! There are some limited waivers available now to take advantage of that won’t be around for long. Getting your payments counted now may help you get to forgiveness faster. Use the PSLF tool to get your Employment Certification Form.
- Subscribe to “Federal Student Loan Borrower Updates” at US DOE to find out the latest on the Biden-Harris Debt Relief Program.
- For an overview and more information on ALL that is happening with Student loans go to https://www.famemaine.com/
affording-education/pay-for- school/repaying-student-loans/ covid-19-impact-on-students- borrowers/
- Sarah Newcomb
- Kristy McNaughton
- Mila Tappan
- Christian Sherrill – NGPF
- NGPF’s Top 5_ Favorite Resources for the Personal Finance Classroom
- NGPF Investing_ Teaching the Long Game!
- CS NGPF Career Resources Prepare Your Students for Jobs of the Future
Other resources / links mentioned in various sessions:
2022 Conference Materials and Links
Public Service Loan Forgiveness: Nikki Vachon, FAME
Behavioral Economics: Tim Ranzetta, NGPF
Costs/ROI of Higher Education: Mila Tappan, FAME
Middle School Students and Financial Wellness: Sarah Newcomb and Nikki Vachon, FAME
Financial Algebra Overview & Ideas Exchange Activity: Tim Ranzetta, NGPF
- Nearpod Presentation
- Collaborative Idea Board – English & Language Arts
- Collaborative Idea Board – Economics
- Collaborative Idea Board – Math
Civil Discourse: Joe Schmidt
Conferences 2014 – 2020